Monday, November 26, 2012

Web Pages

I never thought before that making a web page would be a good use in the classroom, and there is still a part of me that thinks that it wouldn't be effective. 
I created a web page recently for my technology class and it was a battle.  The template I originally selected was very difficult to change, so I decided to start from scratch with a blank template that I could change on my own.  This was very time consuming and it would have to be something that would take days and months but for a teacher it could work very well.  The first year that the web page is active it will take the teacher a great amount of time to get used to the pages and how they function on their own.  Once the initial frustration with making a web page dissapears there is a great deal of options that can make the site unique.  It also provides the option to put in pictures into each page and as the background. 
I hope you enjoy checking out the web page that I created in class based on a class that I hope to teach some day. Check it out! --->  https://sites.google.com/site/mskavanaghsartisticclassroom

NETS-T - this activity is a unique way to interact with the teacher outside of the classroom, it will allow the students to connect with what is going on in class if there is an emergency absence

5. Engage in Professional Growth and Leadership

Teachers continuously improve their professional
practice, model lifelong learning, and exhibit
leadership in their school and professional
community by promoting and demonstrating
the effective use of digital tools and resources.
a. Participate in local and global learning communities
to explore creative applications of technology to
improve student learning
b. Exhibit leadership by demonstrating a vision of
technology infusion, participating in shared decision
making and community building, and developing the
leadership and technology skills of others

 

No comments:

Post a Comment